Martian surface topography globe animation. Shown is the digital elevation model (available from https://astrogeology.usgs.gov) based on Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter data (MOLA; Smith et al. 1999) obtained on NASA’s Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) spacecraft (Albee et al. 2001). The Scientific colour map ‘lajolla‘ is used to represent data accurately and to all readers.
- Creator: Eivind O. Straume
- This version: 28.09.2021
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Eivind Straume is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: –
- Annotated version
- Transparent background
- Suitable for light & dark backgrounds
- Perceptually uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
33 views (since Nov. 2022)