Global maps of the Geoid height, which is the difference of an imaginary sea level surface that in fact has a wavy surface over all of the Earth, to a perfect ellipsoid. The rendered data is based on EGM2008 (Pavlis et al., 2012). The Scientific colour map ‘vik‘ is used to represent data accurately and to all readers.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 19.09.2021
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related references: Nikolaos K. Pavlis, Simon A. Holmes, Steve C. Kenyon, John K. Factor; 2012, EGM2008: The development and evaluation of the Earth Gravitational Model 2008 (EGM2008) -Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth (1978-2012) Volume 117, Issue B4, April 2012. https://doi.org/10.1029/2011JB008916
- Alternative map projections
- Alternative colour maps
- Transparent background
- Light & dark background versions
- Perceptually uniform
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
110 views (since Nov. 2022)