Polar maps of the Earth’s surface topography showing the bedrock elevation across oceans, land, and ice sheets of either the Northern or the Southern hemisphere. Shown is ETOPO1 (Amante and Eakins 2009), a 1 arc-minute global relief model of Earth’s surface that integrates land topography and ocean bathymetry.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 01.09.2021
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri adjusted from Crameri et al. (2020) is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Crameri, F., G.E. Shephard, and P.J. Heron (2020), The misuse of colour in science communication, Nature Communications, 11, 5444. doi:10.1038/s41467-020-19160-7
- Alternative colour map
- Transparent background
- Light & dark background versions
- Perceptually uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!