Visualisation depicting the fundamental steps of the scientific method, an indispensable framework for cultivating and sustaining a robust community-level comprehension of scientific phenomena. Mastery of data analysis is essential for effective research, involving critical questions such as ‘What are we investigating?’ ‘How do we experimentally validate our hypotheses?’ ‘Can results be confidently confirmed?’ and ‘What additional information is needed for robust conclusions?’ The scientific proficiency extends to adeptly presenting research outcomes in a lucid and concise manner, encompassing both positive and negative findings. In an era where misinformation poses a genuine threat, the foundational principles of critical thinking inherent in the scientific method play a pivotal role in appreciating, sharing, and safeguarding knowledge.
The Scientific colour map ‘batlow‘ is used to represent individual graphic elements to all readers.
- Creators: Phil Heron & Fabio Crameri
- Original version: 16.11.2023
- This version: 17.11.2023
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: These graphic by Fabio Crameri after the ‘Think Like a Scientist’ project are available via the open-access s-ink.org repository.
- Related reference: https://philheron.com/think-like-a-scientist/
- Animated version
- Individual frames
- Printable (vector format & CMYK) version
- Suitable for light & dark backgrounds
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
44 views (since Nov. 2022)