Schematic overview of the field and the actors of science communication. Science communication is informing, educating, raising awareness of science-related topics, and increasing the sense of wonder about scientific discoveries and arguments. Science communicators and audiences are ambiguously defined and the expertise and level of science knowledge varies with each group. The two types of science communication are outward-facing (or science outreach; science journalism and science exhibition typically conducted by scientists or science journalists to non-expert audiences) and inward-facing (or science “inreach”; scholarly communication and publication in scientific journals via expert to expert communication).
- Creator: Fabio Crameri and Lucía Pérez Díaz
- This version: 03.02.2023
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri and Lucía Pérez Díaz is available via the open-access s-ink.org repository.
- Related reference: –
- Transparent background
- Suitable for light & dark backgrounds
- Separate content versions
- Translated version (DE)
- Vector format version
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
251 views (since Nov. 2022)