Global maps of the Earth’s surface topography showing the bedrock elevation across oceans, land, and ice sheets. Shown is ETOPO1 (Amante and Eakins 2009), a 1 arc-minute global relief model of Earth’s surface that integrates land topography and ocean bathymetry. The Scientific colour map ‘bukavu‘ is used to represent data accurately and to all readers.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 01.09.2021
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri adjusted from Crameri et al. (2020) is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Crameri, F., G.E. Shephard, and P.J. Heron (2020), The misuse of colour in science communication, Nature Communications, 11, 5444. doi:10.1038/s41467-020-19160-7
- Alternative map projections & colour map
- Transparent background
- Light & dark background versions
- Perceptually uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
30 views (since Nov. 2022)