Subduction zone initiation (SZI) reconstructions for selected events since around 100 Ma. The reconstructed events are based on the whole Earth Sciences community point-of-view of the SZI database (www.SZIdatabase.org). Represented are SZI events of the Pacific subduction realm (Ryukyu at around 6 Ma, Philippine at around 9 Ma, New Hebrides-New Britain at around 10 Ma, Halmahera at around 16 Ma, Tonga-Kermadec at around 48 Ma, and Izu-Bonin-Mariana at around 52 Ma) and remaining SZI events (South-Sandwich at around 40 Ma, Cascadia at around 48 Ma, Lesser Antilles at around 49 Ma, Sunda-Java at around 50 Ma, Aleutian at around 53 Ma, and the two SZI events, Anatolia and Oman, at around 104 Ma). Shown are the new subduction zones (pink lines), other active (solid purple lines) and inactive (dashed purple lines) subduction zones, spreading ridges (solid red lines) and transform faults (red dashed lines).
- Creator: Valentina Magni
- This version: 15.11.2022
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Valentina Magni from Crameri et al. (2020) is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Crameri, F., V. Magni, M. Domeier, G.E. Shephard, K. Chotalia, G. Cooper, C. Eakin, A.G. Grima, D. Gürer, A. Király, E. Mulyukova, K. Peters, B. Robert, and M. Thielmann (2020), A transdisciplinary and community-driven database to unravel subduction zone initiation, Nature Communications, 11, 3750. doi:10.1038/s41467-020-17522-9
- Light & dark versions
- Individual panel versions
- Vector format
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
132 views (since Nov. 2022)