Reconstruction of the Earth’s surface paleotopography and paleobathymetry between present day and 540 Million years ago as still images. Shown is the Scotese & Wright (2018) paleo-digital elevation model (PaleoDEMS) based on tectonic plate reconstruction. The Scientific colour map ‘bukavu‘ is used to represent data accurately and to all readers.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 13.09.2023
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This animated graphic by Fabio Crameri based on Scotese & Wright (2018) is available via the open-access s-ink.org repository.
- Related reference: Scotese, Christopher R, & Wright, Nicky M. (2018). PALEOMAP Paleodigital Elevation Models (PaleoDEMS) for the Phanerozoic [Data set]. Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5460860
- Transparent background
- Perceptually uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
12 views (since Nov. 2022)