The cycle of rocks as it was presented by James Hutton already 200 years ago. Rocks that are exposed to weathering and erosion, deposit as sediments, which are then covered by more sediments. This process leads to compaction and cementation, which forms sedimentary rocks. After being buried deeply, rock undergo metamorphosis or melting, or both. Later, rocks are uplifted to the surface, while being deformed or crystallised. After they become exposed to weathering, the rock cycle starts all over.
The typeface ‘Elle’ by Lucía Pérez Díaz is used.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 01.09.2023
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri is available via the open-access s-Ink.org repository..
- Related reference: –
- German version / Deutsche Version
- Vector-format version
- Transparent background version
- Dark-background version
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
125 views (since Nov. 2022)