Global maps of Martian surface topography. Shown is the digital elevation model (available from https://astrogeology.usgs.gov) based on Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter data (MOLA; Smith et al. 1999) obtained on NASA’s Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) spacecraft (Albee et al. 2001). The Scientific colour map ‘lajolla‘ is used to represent data accurately and to all readers.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 01.09.2021
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri adjusted from Crameri et al. (2020) is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Crameri, F., G.E. Shephard, and P.J. Heron (2020), The misuse of colour in science communication, Nature Communications, 11, 5444. doi:10.1038/s41467-020-19160-7
- Alternative map orientation
- Transparent background
- Light & dark background versions
- Perceptually uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!