Theoretical terraforming Mars using the Scientific colormap ‘oleron‘ of Crameri (2018) highlighting the planet’s surface dichotomy. The animation shows the digital elevation model (available from https://astrogeology.usgs.gov) based on Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter data (MOLA; Smith et al. 1999) obtained on NASA’s Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) spacecraft (Albee et al. 2001).
- Creator: Eivind O. Straume
- This version: 01.06.2022
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Eivind O. Straume is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: –
- High-res GIF and video formats
- Light and dark background versions
- Perceptually uniform colour map (but unequal representation below and above zero level)
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
103 views (since Nov. 2022)