Illustration of a divergent plate boundary on the Earth accommodating the relative motion of the plates by plate formation. It is one of three general types of plate boundaries. Divergent plate boundaries are, usually, characterised by a straight, but laterally offset, shape.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 23.08.2021
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri from Crameri et al. (2019) is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Crameri, F., G.E. Shephard, and C.P. Conrad, (2019), Plate Tectonics☆, Reference Module in Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences, Elsevier, doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-409548-9.12393-0
- Individual graphic layers
- Compatible with light and dark backgrounds
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
8 views (since Nov. 2022)