The number of subduction-zone initiation (SZI) events that fulfil specific aspects (dark bars) versus the total number of 13 SZI events from the SZI Database (Crameri et al. 2020) diagnosed (light bars). (a–c) The distribution of all SZI events into the different SZI types and former plate settings, and various other distinctive tectonic and mantle dynamic properties. (d) Total numbers of SZI events representing a given Earth-system characteristic. ‘Nearby’: within a 1500 km radius.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 16.04.2023
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri from Crameri et al. (2020) is available via the open-access s-Ink.org repository.
- Related reference: Crameri, F., V. Magni, M. Domeier, G.E. Shephard, K. Chotalia, G. Cooper, C. Eakin, A.G. Grima, D. Gürer, A. Király, E. Mulyukova, K. Peters, B. Robert, and M. Thielmann (2020), A transdisciplinary and community-driven database to unravel subduction zone initiation, Nature Communications, 11, 3750. doi:10.1038/s41467-020-17522-9
- Light & dark versions
- Transparent-background versions
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
57 views (since Nov. 2022)