Simulation of infinite Prandtl number, thermal convection (e.g., mantle convection). Simulations are run for variable Rayleigh numbers (Ra) and with or without internal heating (H) on a grid with 64×64 discrete nodes using an isoviscous formulation (unless marked otherwise). Equations solved are non-dimensionalised (nd) and the domain boundaries free-slip (impermeable) and insulating on both domain sides, and isothermally hot at the bottom and cold at the top. The Scientific colour map ‘vik‘ is used to represent data accurately and to all readers.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 01.10.2022
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri is available via the open-access s-Ink.org repository.
- Related references: –
- Transparent background
- Light & dark background versions
- Vector format versions
- Perceptually-uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable as black&white print
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
116 views (since Nov. 2022)