Evolution of subduction slab break-off shown in a global spherical 3-D model by contours of viscosity. The stiff down-going plate (yellow) is moving towards the observer before subduction and is starting to laterally tear apart at depth, while the remaining intact part continues to subduct.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 01.09.2021
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri from Crameri and Tackley (2014) is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Crameri, F., and P.J. Tackley (2014), Spontaneous development of arcuate single-sided subduction in global 3-D mantle convection models with a free surface, J. Geophys. Res. Solid Earth, 119(7), 5921-5942, doi:10.1002/2014JB010939
- Transparent background
- Suitable for light & dark background
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
45 views (since Nov. 2022)