Population density of the world, for the year 2020. Provided are (A) a gridded population density visualisation with 2.5 min resolution, (B) a visualisation of the mean population density per country calculated from the 2.5 min population density grid (GPWv4), and (C) an animation combining graphics (A) and (B).
- Creator: Eivind O. Straume
- This version: 01.06.2022
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Eivind O. Straume is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Gridded Population of the World, Version 4 (GPWv4): Population Density, Beta Release. Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). http://dx.doi.org/10.7927/H46T0JKB. Accessed 12.05.2022
- Gridded and mean data versions
- High-res video format
- Perceptually uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!