Population density of the world, for the year 2020. Provided are (A) a gridded population density visualisation with 2.5 min resolution, (B) a visualisation of the mean population density per country calculated from the 2.5 min population density grid (GPWv4), and (C) an animation combining graphics (A) and (B). The Scientific colour map ‘lajolla‘ is used to represent data accurately and to all readers.
- Creator: Eivind O. Straume
- This version: 01.06.2022
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Eivind O. Straume is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Gridded Population of the World, Version 4 (GPWv4): Population Density, Beta Release. Palisades, NY: NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC). http://dx.doi.org/10.7927/H46T0JKB. Accessed 12.05.2022
- Gridded and mean data versions
- High-res video format
- Perceptually uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
125 views (since Nov. 2022)