Sketched ocean circulation pattern in the NE Atlantic Ocean, from Straume (2020). Note how the circulation closely follows the bathymetry. Shown are warm (red) and cold (blue) surface currents, warm (orange) and cold (cyan) intermediate currents, and deep currents (purple). The bathymetry is the GEBCO 2014 grid (Weatherall et al., 2015) and the currents are modified from Newton and Huuse (2017). GSR: Greenland – Scotland Ridge.
- Creator: Eivind O. Straume
- This version: 03.09.2021
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Eivind O. Straume from Straume (2020) is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Straume, E. O. (2020). Paleoclimate in the Cenozoic time: Quantifying the role of North Atlantic plate tectonics and mantle processes. doi: http://urn.nb.no/URN:NBN:no-82963
- Transparent background
- Perceptually uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!