Model for the formation of glendonite (and concretionary calcite growth around them) in the Eocene-aged sediments of northern Denmark. This model is modified from that proposed by Vickers et al. (2020) based on geochemical and visual observations of the glendonites of the Fur Formation, and previous studies of ikaite and glendonite (as described in Vickers et al., 2020).
This figure was encouraged by iEarth 2022 seed funds.
- Creator: Madeleine L. Vickers
- This version: 14.11.2022
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Madeleine L. Vickers from Vickers et al. (2020) is available via the open-access s-Ink.org repository.
- Related reference: Vickers, M.L., Lengger, S.K., Bernasconi, S.M., Thibault, N., Schultz, B.P., Fernandez, A., Ullmann, C.V., McCormack, P., Bjerrum, C.J., Rasmussen, J.A. and Hougård, I.W., 2020. Cold spells in the Nordic Seas during the early Eocene Greenhouse. Nature communications, 11(1), pp.1-12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-18558-7
- Transparent background
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
- Vector format version
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
7 views (since Nov. 2022)