Global distribution of large-magnitude historic earthquakes derived from seismic wave measurements after the compilation by Hayes (2018). Shown are individual earthquakes coloured by depth. The Scientific colour map ‘oslo‘ is used to represent earthquake depth accurately and to all readers.
- Creator: Fabio Crameri
- This version: 14.10.2021
- License: Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Specific citation: This graphic by Fabio Crameri representing data from Hayes (2018) is available via the open-access s-Ink repository.
- Related reference: Hayes, G., 2018, Slab2 – A Comprehensive Subduction Zone Geometry Model: U.S. Geological Survey data release, https://doi.org/10.5066/F7PV6JNV
- Alternative map projections
- Transparent background
- Light & dark background versions
- Perceptually uniform colour map
- Colour-vision deficiency friendly
- Readable in black&white
Faulty or missing link? – Please report them via a reply below!
45 views (since Nov. 2022)